Wednesday, January 30, 2008

AG or VP for Rudy?

Well, today was a great day to be a McCain supporter. The good Senator held his own at the Reagan Library debate and came off as the most Reagan-esque of them all.
He also received the stunningly full-fledged support of Rudy Giuliani today at the Regan Library.
I wanted to share one particular passage in the remarks McCain made that caught my attention. Please see the sentence in bold below:


"I want to say I not only thank him for his friendship, but his leadership of America...I want to thank him as we wage the struggle to secure the Presidency of the United States. There will be a clear choice this November and I believe that my life has prepared me- a life of service and a life dedication- to lead this nation in the transcendent challenge of the 21st Century, the great threat and evil of radical Islamic extremism that threatens all that we stand for and believe in. And my strong right arm and partner, and my friend in this effort will be the former mayor of New York City, an American hero, Rudy Giuliani.”

Now, when that statement is coupled with the amount of seemingly extraordinary enthusiasm with which a former serious rival is now on board with McCain, I am led to wonder, why? My best, uneducated guess is that McCain has lined up either Attorney General or Vice President for Rudy (THE LATTER CONSIDERABLY LESS LIKELY). In either case, I think this is HUGE news and great for the momentum of the campaign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Republicans don't have a chance of winning this election, no matter who supports the best candidate. The fact that the party is most likely throwing McCain up there just goes to show that they see this as a throw-away election-- McCain should've been the candidate 8 years ago, but his time has come and gone. The stars are aligning for Hillary/Obama, and with all of the democrats and moderates chafing under Bush's leadership for 8 long and arduous years, there's no way in hell another republican is going to be in the White House this time around. The Iraq war is an issue of major contention, also, and Hillary's "out in 60 days" promise is far more popular than McCain's more militaristic approach. He should've been at the helm at the start of the war, but as far as America's concerned, it's pretty much too late.